Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow

We've been snowed in for 3 days and for some reason Im JUST now thinking to blog.

The snow storm came on Sunday night and dropped about 6" here. It was very pretty on Monday and we were able to get a few pics. But now that the temperature has dropped, we've pretty much just got a whole lot of ice. We attempted to leave today and had to turn around and head right back. There are A LOT of people in Atlanta.. and LOTS of roads and neighborhoods. Therefore- clean up crews werent really ready to deal with this kind of storm and its taking forever to clear everything.
Luckily we had a few items stocked in the freezer because I certainly did not think we'd be stuck in for this many days in a row. I mean its Georgia, not Boone... who would of thought this might happen?!

Overall, life has been good for us. I havent written in FOREVER simply because I just havent thought to do so! I guess we've just been pretty busy.

Around the end of September, my brother found out that he had a brain tumor. The tumor was so large (the size of a tennis ball) that they decided it needed to be removed immediately. So surgery was scheduled for the following week. Long story short, he's doing great. They were able to remove the whole tumor and with close watch, they are telling us that it isnt currently growing back which is great! But they have decided to start him on chemo to be on the safer side. It was a grade 2 ogliodendroglioma so it was slightly cancerous.
So I guess around this time was when I stopped blogging. I certainly wasnt ready to talk about it much, nor did I have the time! I spent about a week in Charlotte for the surgery.

Along with this, we traveled a lot over the holidays.  We went to Salisbury for Thanksgiving and my birthday, Asheboro for a Christmas Party, and Hillsborough for New Years. We actually stayed here for Christmas weekend. And it turned out to be really nice just to relax. And now that we've made it through the holidays, we're rather spent and have decided we are going to stay put for awhile.

The Tucks are actually coming to visit us this weekend and we're very excited to have them! We're still trying to figure out some fun things to do. And then Meredith (thomas' sister) and her boyfriend, Ben, are coming the NEXT weekend to visit as well. We're excited their coming too! Im having a Premier Jewelry party that weekend so Meredith is coming because of that (and because we're awesome.. but thats a given)

Let's see.. what else is new.. oh! I've really gotten into running lately and Im really enjoying it. I feel so accomplished when I have a good run. I did my first 5k in October and then an 8k over Thanksgiving. Im hoping to do a 10k in February.. and maybe a half marathon in October. I think that would give me plenty of time to train for it and Im really motivated to do it.. so we'll see!

I think thats it for now. I just baked some cookies and they are patiently waiting for me :) I'll try and not have 4 months in between my next post this time!

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment